Vidalia Onion Mexican Cheese Dip
by Meghan Hadley
- 3 large Vidalia onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add onions and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
In a medium bowl, combine onion, cheese, mayonnaise, hot sauce, and garlic; stir well. Pour into a small sized lightly buttered casserole dish. Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
Serve dip with tortilla chips or assorted crackers.