Yield: 12 each-10oz. Servings
5 ea Vidalia Onions, Julienne
¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
½ Cup Worcestershire Sauce
¼ Cup Sherry Vinegar
½ Cup Red Wine
½ Cup Roasted Garlic, Chopped
2 TBSP Soy Sauce
¼ Cup Fresh Thyme, Rosemary Chopped no stems
1 Quart Demi-Glace
1 Gallon Chicken Stock
1 TBSP. Kosher Salt
½ TBSP. Black Pepper
2 ½ lbs. Small Diced Cooked Beef Short Rib
- Place oil in a small stockpot or Dutch oven on medium heat and add Vidalia onions.
- Season onions evenly with sugar and gently cook onions to release the liquid and continue cooking until caramelized and brown.
- Deglaze the pan with wine, vinegar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add roasted garlic, thyme, and rosemary mixture.
- Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add demi-glace and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and cook for 30 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Season with salt and pepper and add diced cooked short rib.
- Garnish with croutons and shredded Swiss cheese, and enjoy!